EuroACE is seeking to recruit an experienced, dynamic, person to take on the role of Communications and Marketing Manager. The successful applicant will join a small, hard-working team and will be expected to make a positive impact on our communications and marketing strategy and activities.
EuroACE, with its 15 company members, is the go-to industry association for energy efficiency in buildings. Its work focusses on EU policy developments and it has several channels through which is acts. These include the Renovate Europe Campaign (REC), the Central and Eastern Energy Efficiency Forum (C4E Forum), and EU funded projects. Each of these initiatives has its own identity and online presence and there is a strong need to ensure that our communications through these channels are strategically coordinated to ensure maximum impact on a widely diverse and growing audience.
Working at the Secretariat of EuroACE in Brussels, regularly interacting with members and staff, the Communications Manager will take on all aspects of our communications work and will regularly report to the General Assembly of EuroACE and to the Steering Group of the REC.
Principal duties and activities
This list can be adapted to meet the priorities of the organisation and in response to skills demonstrated by the successful applicant:
- Devise, in consultation with staff and members, a detailed Communications and Marketing Strategy for EuroACE.
- Manage, update, and feed all online channels used by EuroACE and its initiatives.
- Edit, and design articles, position papers, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, and digital material to disseminate the work of EuroACE to a wide audience.
- Manage relationships with external graphic designers, webmasters, event organisers etc..
- Build a strong relationship to key media personnel in Brussels and beyond.
- Assist in the organisation of the meetings of our Work Group on Communications, Outreach, and Membership (WG COM), including note taking and follow-up.
- Actively market EuroACE to attract new members and funding opportunities.
- Represent EuroACE at selected meetings and workshops.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will be given the opportunity to:
- Deepen his/her knowledge and contacts in the expanding EU policy field of energy efficiency.
- Co-define a Personal Professional Development Plan while with EuroACE.
- Engage with the members of EuroACE, the REC partners, and the staff at the EuroACE Secretariat.
- Take on further responsibilities over time as the role evolves.
Qualifications, experience, and skills
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, or Digital Communications.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role managing diverse communications actions in a company, NGO, or association.
- Exemplary written and spoken English with a high level of competence in at least one additional EU language.
- Strong organisational, time management and problem-solving skills complemented by good attention to detail.
- An engaging disposition with excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of IT tools (the full MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint, Outlook, Business Management software etc.), videoconferencing tools (e.g., GoToMeeting, Microsoft Teams, etc.), graphic design software (InDesign, Adobe, Canva or other), and content management software such as WordPress.
- Availability to occasionally travel at national and EU level.
- Already established contacts with relevant journalists is a plus.
The contract of employment will be under Belgian Law and only applications from persons legally entitled to work in Belgium will be considered.
The successful applicant can expect an annual gross salary (full time) in the range of €42,000 to €52,000 (pro-rata for part-time applicants), depending on previous experience, with benefits such as a group pension, lunch vouchers, mobility allowance, and eco-cheques.
Applications for this post must be submitted by e-mail to adrian.joyce[@]euroace.org by noon on Monday 11th of September 2023. Please put Application for Communications Manager + name as the subject line of your application.
The applications must consist of a short letter of motivation, two or three samples of previous work, a curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of two referees that can be approached by EuroACE during the recruitment process.
EuroACE intends to interview around 5 applicants shortly after the closing date and will only contact those that are chosen for interview. A second round of interviews will follow for the top three candidates, and they will be set a practical assignment for presentation at the second interview.
EuroACE reserves the right not to appoint any of the applicants, even after interviews are completed.