2022 was a very productive and busy year at EuroACE. Now, it is time to report on the activities that were undertaken on behalf of our 15 members.
On EU Policy, the revisions of many key buildings-related directives that arose from the Fit for 55 Package (adopted on 14th of July 2021), have been a central focus of our work. We have consistently promoted the message that the EU will not be able to achieve at least a 55% reduction in GHG emissions by 2030 without an ambitious legislative framework for buildings.
The relevant proposals on which we have worked are:
- Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EPBD)
- Energy Efficiency Directive (EED)
- Renewable Energy Efficiency Directive (RED)
- Emissions Trading System for Buildings and Road Transport (ETSII)
- Social Climate Fund (SCF)