EuroACE is seeking to recruit a Communications & Events Officer for the period from September 2019 to end March 2020 (start date: 02 September 2019)
This vacancy is an opportunity to develop (practical) expertise in communications activities and event management on sustainability topics, in an English-speaking environment, and within a small, busy and multinational team.
Activities will include:
– Supporting EuroACE and the Renovate Europe Campaign in the preparation and organisation of:
** External events, in Brussels (for example events in the European Parliament and Renovate Europe Day events). Also workshops in other EU countries (for example, Germany and the Netherlands)
** Internal events for our members (Business Day, Plenaries, Work Groups etc.)
Typical tasks include relationship management with speakers and participants, organisation of practicalities (rooms, catering, registration of participants, travel), communication on social media and website updating.
** Manage (daily) communications on social media (Twitter, LinkedIn)
** Updating the websites (WordPress) of EuroACE and Renovate Europe when needed
** Helping in disseminating press releases (MailChimp, liaising with journalists)
** Supporting the team in writing Newsletters to members and partners
** Membership management: responding to members’ requests for information
Some small tasks related to financial matters, preparation of PowerPoint presentations, managing lists of contacts and other varied tasks as the need arises
How to apply?
If you are a young graduate with:
– A strong interest in European affairs and energy & climate issues
– Some experience in event management and organisation
– Some experience with designing and running social media strategies
– Knowledge and ability of website management (ideally WordPress)
– Good communications and graphic design skills (ideally on Adobe products)
– Fluency in written and spoken English (having another EU language is highly desirable)
You should apply with a cover letter (max. 1 page) and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 18 August. Please put Communications and Events Officer as the subject of the e-mail. Interviews will take place in Brussels between 22 – 28 August. Only applicants who can start on 02 September will be considered. Please only apply if you are available to begin working on this date.
EuroACE will only contact candidates that it intends to interview. EuroACE reserves the right not to fill this vacancy and/or to issue a fresh call for applicants, if needed.